I’m grateful that a misunderstanding on the time for a customer meeting meant that I arrived 2 hours early rather 2 hours late. Thank goodness for coffee shops in corporates with wifi and workspaces with power points. The wait was no problem at all.
This week it’s about tongues and tails. Well, my offering this week doesn’t include cute cats or dogs. It’s a statue of Buddha in meditation pose sitting on a serpent. When Buddha began meditating, the wise serpent Mucalinda came out of the forest to protect Buddha from the elements after he attained enlightenment – the Buddhist Naga has the form of a great cobra and is depicted sometimes with many heads and other times with one head, commonly found in Burma, Laos, and Thailand.
…or ride or captain. In Thailand we experienced all sorts of things which we used to get from place to place. These are but a few.
It all started with a long flight to Singapore…
Touring by longtail boat on the busy Chao Phraya River and through the smaller klongs (canals)…
A homestay experience aboard a floating rafthouse. This is us getting towed out to the other side of the lake…
Riding past casava fields and over precarious bridges over the River Kwai on clacky rickety swinging train…
Tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk tuk…
Entered in Cee’s CFFC this week.
I’ve seen this meme in so many of my fellow blogger’s pages, that I’m deciding to do it too. These Q&As are such fun…go on, join me and do it too. Just copy the questions and put in your own answers (off course ;-))
I copied this from Cee’s blog.
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yes, I rather enjoy it with crackers and port after a meal.
2. Coke or Pepsi? Neither, I don’t drink fizzy drinks and usually stick with water. Now, champagne or bubbles I would have, with a meal, irrespective of whether there is an occasion to celebrate. Health, happiness and family are enough reasons to celebrate and have some champagne, or bubbles!
3. Do you own a gun? No.
4. What flavor of Kool-aid? I don’t drink sweet drinks.
5. Hot dogs? Nope, I prefer to eat whole foods all the time…boring I know…and off course, I prefer vegetarian food, or fish and seafood.
6. Favorite TV show? Right now, 12 Monkeys!!!!!!!! And The Blacklist, can’t wait for season 6…and then it must end, it’s time to wrap it up, producers. And of course, Brooklyn Nine Nine…no wrapping up continue on into multiple seasons.
7. Do you believe in ghosts? I don’t know…
8. What do you drink in the morning? Coffee with milk, no sugar.
9. Can you do a push-up? No. I want to though.
10. Favorite Jewelry? My wedding rings.
11. Favorite Hobby? Reading.
12. Do you have ADD? No.
13. Do you wear glasses? Yes, since the age of 22. I alternate between contact lenses and glasses. Right now I’m wearing lenses.
14. Favorite cartoon character? Mickey Mouse.
15. Three things you did today? Blogging, walked 20 minutes in total, ate a banana.
16. Three drinks you drink regularly? Water, cappuccino, tea.
17. Current movies? I want to watch the new Mamma Mia movie.
18. Do you believe in magic? Yes.
19. Favorite place to be? My house.
20. How did you ring in the New Year? Spent with my family, had champagne at midnight, went to bed.
21. Travel? I love to travel. I want to go to the Seychelles and back to the Maldives.
22. Name five people who will most likely read this? Hopefully 5 of my fellow bloggers…go on, hit the like button 😉
23. Favorite movie? The movies I watch over and over again and never get tired of include Strange Days and Love Actually.
24. Favorite color? Green, emerald green.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I’ve never slept on satin sheets.
26. Can you whistle? Yes.
27. Where are you now? At home in the lounge, with Nermal the cat sleeping next to me.
29. Favorite food? Dhal and rice with spinach.
30. Least favorite chore? Tidying up the house.
31. Best job you can think of? Writing or editing. From home.
32. What’s in your pockets? Nothing.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? Nermal the cat.
34. Favorite animal? Nermal the cat.
35. What’s your most recent injury? I sprained my ankle and ligaments in 2015 after I got up without realising my feet were numb as a result of having fallen asleep on the couch with my legs curled under me.
36. How many TV’s are in your house? I don’t have a TV.
37. Worst pain ever? Passed kidney stones when I was in my early 20s.
38. Do you like to dance? I love dancing, any dancing. Especially the Brazilian Samba.
39. Are your parents still alive? Yes, and I give thanks for this every day.
40. Do you enjoy camping? No no no no…
Che made some amazing coffee blends this week – I like my coffee well rounded and full-bodied (I’m talking about coffee, not wine) tending towards the medium-dark-ish roast but not fully dark. Just leaving the medium part of the continuum and just touching the dark part, you get the idea.
The week started with my birthday on Monday! I was serenaded by colleagues when I arrived at work, was spoilt with words by many friends and family, and the day ended with a quiet dinner with my folks.
Che and I meant to go out for dinner on Thursday but at the end of the day, we weren’t in the mood for getting dressed and going out. We stayed in, relaxed, and went out for dinner on Friday instead.
I’m feeling crappy because I’m cutting out simple carbs and sugars, and I’m probably withdrawing so that’s all from me. So tell me about you…