Neologisms that make me giggle:
- 404: Someone who’s clueless. From the World Wide Web error message 404 Not Found, meaning that the requested document could not be located.
- Geobragging: Repeated status updates noting your location in an attempt to get attention or make other people jealous.
- Ego surfer: A person who boosts his ego by searching for his own name on Google and other search engines.
These come from The Washington Post Neologism Competition – they made me more than giggle – I guffawed my way through them…
- Coffee: the person upon whom one coughs.
- Flabbergasted: appalled over how much weight you have gained.
- Abdicate: to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
- Esplanade: to attempt an explanation while drunk.
- Negligent: describes a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightgown.
- Lymph: to walk with a lisp.
- Balderdash: a rapidly receding hairline.
The following page was consulted to compile this post – Great examples of neologisms.
As always, thanks for reading, and please leave a comment!