These songs literally move me in some way or another. An emotional charge runs through me, a resonance that puts me in a particular mood. I have been in traffic, in the morning, and if one of these songs comes on the radio, my whole day is made. I sing along, or move, and end up bouncing into the office. It’s undefinable, it’s not about the lyrics, it’s more about the melodies, so it’s primarily an auditory anchor that leads to a kinaesthetic response.
So these are the songs:
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen – The ultimate classic.
- One – U2 – Wow! This one takes me by surprise every time.
- Hotel California – The Eagles – Another classic. I saw them perform this live last month. I prefer the Hell Freezes Over extended version.
- Africa – Toto – I have this song on repeat on my iPod.
- Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin – Not an easy song to sing, I tried. She makes it seem so easy! She’s just so awesome!
- Drops of Jupiter – Train – I love the lyrics, India was a “soul vacation” for me 🙂
- I’m a Believer – Smash Mouth – This is The Shrek version – need I say more? If you don’t want to get up and sing and dance to this song then I don’t know…
- Angels – Robbie Williams – Makes me wanna cry…
- We are the Champions – Queen – Came over the loudspeakers whenever the French national team won a match in World Cup 1998. That’s why they won. An idea of midfielder Emmanuel Petit who scored the 3rd and final goal in the finals.
- Losing my Religion – R.E.M. – Another one that takes me by surprise and I end up singing at the top of my voice.
- Baker Street – Gerry Rafferty – This one almost made me buy a saxophone!
- Ten Thousand Angels Cried – Leann Rimes – astoundingly beautiful song!
This time there are 12 🙂
What songs move you? Drop me a comment.